One of the most popular and informative classes of its kind using multiple modalities all proven effective. Available “live, home study (online)”.
Not only is the subject of Repetitive strain injury becoming more prevalent in today’s society, it is at the forefront of the bodywork profession because of overuse, and the most well known of these injuries is Carpal Tunnel syndrome, is a debilitating compression of the median nerve and inflammation of the flexor tendons. The condition can cause extreme pain and numbness and in some cases, the syndrome has no specific cause. Any movement that requires you to grip something repeatedly or hold your fingers or wrists in an abnormal position may contribute to the syndrome in individuals with a predisposition to develop the condition.
We are now seeing traditional medical treatment being replaced by alternative therapies such as specialized massage with amazing results. Effective Treatments for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a course focusing on repetitive strain injury that can affect the massage professional as well as clients. The course encompasses a variety of soft tissue techniques including Neuromuscular Therapy, Myofascial Release, and self-help therapies used in treating debilitating pain of the upper extremities.
Effective Treatments for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Home Study Course (2 CE Hours) $40.00
Receiving a passing grade of 70% 2 CE credits will be awarded. After payment is received a launch page with the course, presentation slides, and course manual will be sent by email as soon as possible (usually within one day).
What you will learn
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to identify common compression sites of the Median nerve.
- List 11 contributing factors associated with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Discuss different available treatment options.
- Perform 15 self-help exercises.
- Be able to perform 3 techniques to treat soft tissue dysfunction on the back, arms, shoulders, chest, and neck.
- Identify the mechanics of pressure to work more effectively to insure a pain free career.
- Course Syllabus
- Course Video
- Manual for Effective Treatments for Carpal Tunnel Course
- Course Exam
- PowerPoint Slides for Effective Treatments for Carpal Tunnel Course
- Home Study/Distance Learning Course Evaluation
- Instant Certificate of Achievement with a passing score