Sunday October 20, 2019
The Detroit Free Press Marathon is the “Big Daddy” of all sports massage events! You will have to arrive early in the morning and after the runners start coming in will be total chaos (actuality controlled chaos) until 1-2 PM. Every therapist will have to take a mandatory break every hour.
Streets will close early between 4-5AM
- If you have a table, please bring it (no sheets or bolsters needed).
- Wipes to clean the table, hands and something to eat or drink (there will be food trucks).
- Please dress warm during the early morning.
- Oh yes, business cards are helpful.
- You are entitled to free CEU’s on me.
- Parking for free next to the tent or 20.00 at Lafayette Blvd. and 2nd Ave.
- Heated tent, water, t-shirts, credentials will be provided.
Contact Rachel Kern at 248-891-8391 with any driving problems.
LATEST ROAD CLOSURES UPDATE
- Please be aware of road closures on Sunday. Southbound Lodge Freeway will be closed starting at 4am on Sunday, October 20th.
- I advise that you arrive around no later than 5am on Sunday, as vehicles will have trouble crossing the course after that time. If you can arrive on Sunday at that time or earlier, you’ll be able to park inside our lot 😊
If you need a sports massage refresher or stretches from my Dynamic Stretching class, that will be provided.
If you need CEU’s please look over my approved courses-choose the one you want, send me an email or text to: 248 701-8306 to confirm you will attend and be a part of the massage team. I will send you confirmation and a launch page link to take your free course.
Please come and join us to be not only history in the making but a memory you will cherish the rest of your career.
Memories of 2018
Thanks for being such a wonderful Massage Race Coordinator Garry! And always reminding us to make massage fun!
What a day! I was blessed to work in the massage tent at the Detroit Free Press Marathon! It was a great opportunity and I was able to meet people from all over the United States.
While some hit a record on how far or fast they could run, I hit a record for how many massages I could do in one day! 😴