Course goes beyond the basics with an emphasis on mastering the use of stones as extension of your own hands. Teaching the use of both hot and cold stones with emphasis of an advanced flow routine.
Hot stone therapy is a contemporary approach to alternating body temperatures during a massage, producing alternating sedative and re-energizing responses in the body. Hot stone therapy is a multifaceted approach with techniques designed to reduce stress and strain on the therapist’s hands, wrists, and arms so that the therapist can work longer and more efficiently, thereby benefiting both client and therapist.
Using various techniques and incorporating warm and cold stones to relax the body at its deepest level, therapeutic stone massage is a very effective way to create harmony and a positive energy flow, thus promoting a sense of balance, energy and peace. The physiological benefits of alternating hot and cold to the body have long been scientifically and medically proven as assistance to self healing. Many clients have a hard time distinguishing between the stones and the practitioner’s hands. The technique seems to reach deeper without having to apply more pressure.
In the massage industry today, hot stone therapy continues to be one of the most requested forms of bodywork. This is due largely to the unique nature of the treatment. One might think to massage my soft body with a hard stone from the earth, must have some therapeutic benefit to it, if nothing else, it has an entertaining appeal.
“Free online courses”
(with course manual)
- Contraindications for use of hot and cold stones, and be able to list benefits of hot and cold stone massage.
- To describe necessary preparations for using the stones, and the roaster or warmer.
- Perform 3 techniques to treat the back, arms, and shoulders using hot stones.
- Able to perform 1 technique used with inflammation of tissues.
- Learn 3 techniques to treat the legs, feet, stomach, chest, and face using hot stones.
- Will be able to create a 1 hour full body massage flow that is truly an art form.